Thursday, December 29, 2016

Top 16 of 2016

2016 is quickly concluding and it is time to reflect on the nouns (people, places, and things) that I have been introduced to, been to, or tried out which have made this year amazing. 

16. Dior Hydra Life Jelly Sleeping Mask:
If you know me, you'd know that my skin type is dry and sensitive and this mask has been a life saver. It is so hydrating (as you can see in its name). I put it on during my nightly skincare routine and wake up with smooth, glowing, moisturized skin. I have also used this as a base for my makeup primer on days that I was super dry and needed extra hydration. This product is definitely worth it's hype!

15. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes:
As an avid reader, this category was very difficult for me to choose a favorite. After much contemplation Moyes' novel was the obvious choice.  It did everything a great book does, it made me feel all the feels and really made me think. A page turner that allowed me to get a new perspective on life, I highly recommend it! (PS if you do read this make sure you have Kleenex handy.)

14. Urban Ears Plattan Headphones:
The top item that I have used the most in 2016 has definitely got to be these awesome headphones. These headphones have been my travel companion and gym buddy at the same time. They provided to be a comforting, cushiony pillow on long flights and streamed clear music pumping me up during my workouts. 

13. See by Chloè Fringe Booties
An unexpected, impromptu purchase at Saks Fifth Avenue these booties have been my ride or die this year. I've used and abused them so much yet they still look like they are brand new! Perfect pair of shoes that are casual and chic at the same time. 

12. The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel: Have I mentioned that I have dry skin? This "liquid gold" transforms your skin, nourishing and smoothing it with olive oil that has been hand-picked and cold pressed from southern Italy's Cilento National Park. Plus, it smells really good!

11. Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Eau de Toilette Spray
I guess you can now see my obsession with Italian scents...This feminine and fresh Sicilian citron fragrance includes hints of bluebells, jasmine, bamboo, white rose, cedar wood, Amber, musk and Granny Smith apple (yum). This magical bottle evokes a sexy confidence with just a quick spritz. Need I say more? 

10. Equinox:
Okay, I'm a little biased (I worked for the company for 3 years) on this one but whatever, it still is one of my favorite places to be. There is no question as to why this gym has been raved about and rated to be the top in America. It's clean, has awesome classes/instructors, always upgraded machinery, incredible amenities (shout out to Kids Club!), high-end spa, steam room, personal training, Pilates, high quality items at The Shop, I mean the list is endless! This gym is so motivating and at the same time creates an ambiance that is calm and rejuvenating.

9. Chanel Wallet on Chain (WOC):  This is probably one of the greatest purchases/splurges I have made this year. A timeless, luxury piece that is the definition of quality. This is more than a handbag and has honestly become a necessity in my wardrobe. As Coco would say: "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous,"  and  this WOC does just that!

8. Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette:
A staple in my makeup collection this palette provides me with the most beautiful, blend-able, creamy, pigmented matte eyeshadows. I always have this out on my vanity when I do any makeup look. It has a range of cool, neutral, and warm shadows that are able to create versatile looks from natural to smokey. A must have for beauty lovers!

7. GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment
When your complexion is looking not so blemish-free and textured this is your go to! It is designed for practically every skin type from normal to oily to combination. This product can be used as a full facial mask or spot-treat pesky breakouts. No one has perfect skin, but GLAMGLOW makes it look that way.

6. COVER FX Custom Enhancer Drops
I present to you the most innovative beauty product of 2016. With the glowing, "Seen From the Heavens" look being all the rage in 2016, these drops were constantly flying off the shelves at Sephora. The brand developed a variety of enhancer drops that illuminate or bronze the skin. My shade of preference has got to be Moonlight which imparts a soft, silver glow. I use it not only as a highlighter but even an eyeshadow. Perfect for that inner corner highlight! This product just slays, period.

5. The Glam & Glitter Blog AKA Tamara Kalinic:
The best and hands down my favorite fashion and beauty blogger has got to be Tamara Kalinic of theglamandglitter.com. Tamara has great style (both in fashion and writing prose) and is so admirable. She has a similar life philosophy and taste in high-end luxury products like I do. If I could steal anyone's closet (and have everything magically be my size) it would most definitely be hers. Although my look is more on the modest side, her choices in clothing, handbags, and shoes inspire me. Tamara has a genuine nature (watch her YouTube videos) and is effortless, and I admire her for that. Tamara is for sure one to watch!

4. Jaclyn Hill
If you are a makeup addict like I am and do not know who this beauty guru is where have you been? Let me introduce you to the president of the beauty world. Whatever Jaclyn says,
goes. Jaclyn Hill has over 3 million (getting close to 4 million) Hillsters subscribed to her on YouTube. She creates amazing content for her channel, her 'gram is always posted with mesmerizing makeup looks, and her personality is so real. She's kind, relatable, and honest. I think all of her subscribers could say that they are living, breathing, and sneezing for Jaclyn Hill. 

3. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
OMG. Guys. This balm is bomb! It is the most lightweight and easiest way to remove makeup. It doesn't dry out my skin (like most cleansers tend to do) and rinses off everything! I mean, EVERYTHING! Do you know how hard it is to find that kind of combination? I've been searching for it for years and ta-da here it is! This balm literally melts off your waterproof mascara and dissolves your full-coverage foundation after a long day and leaves you with fresh, soft, glowing skin. A girl simply couldn't ask for anything more!

2. Myself
One of the people I have been loving this year is myself. That may come across as sounding arrogant or selfish, and although that is not the intention here, I really do not care for negative remarks that may follow. As one of my icons, Lucille Ball would say, "Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." There surely is no doubt about that! What I've realized is that part of loving yourself is seeing yourself in positive terms both physically and mentally. Be kind to yourselves, nourish your bodies with healthy food, exercise, wear things that are your style, flatter your figure, and make you feel good about yourself. 

And last but certainly not least...

1. Jerusalem, Israel:
"Jerusalem of gold, and of bronze, and of light," is how the song goes and how it rings true. After spending three weeks of my summer in the Holy Land, the undeniable Jewish State, I discovered who I am and who I want to be. I learned about new things, and found about things I was always curious about. Being on a program called JEWEL with like-minded individuals was so beneficial for me and for the group as a whole I believe because we were all there to support one another. We connected and bonded not only with each other, but with the country. We planted our roots in Jerusalem, and this is what we came for. There is no place I'd rather be.

So, that concludes my top 16 of 2016, hope you enjoyed reading! I'm sure you've found out more about me, like how I incorporate song lyrics (credit to Rihanna/Calvin Harris and Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne for the last two sentences). Let me know what your top favorites of 2016 are in the comments below.

Happy new year everyone! May this year bring you health, happiness, and success in all of your endeavors. 

Keep smiling,

Kimberly Malka
C

No comments:

Post a Comment