Friday, December 2, 2016

Milan

Everyone has 'Their Place.' 


'Their Place' where they get to escape to. 'Their place' where they are able to press the refresh button and rejuvenate. 'Their Place' where when everything seems like it's crashing down, helps them come alive again. My place is Milan. It might be due to the combination of having freshly baked cookies made by grandma, my sister right by my side, the unreal cappuccino, super amazing fashion, cuddling with cute little cousins, and a calming atmosphere filled with genuine people. When I am in Milan I feel at peace. Would I ever move here? Who knows? 


This place is special to me. It holds a place very near and dear to my heart. I have a fear that if I were to live here, it would lose its zest and charm. A New Yorker to the core, I need to be constantly moving, checking things off my checklist and having a daily routine. I can't help but wonder (thank you, Carrie*) if Milan is my haven, can it also be my home?


What's your Place?


Keep smiling,


Kimberly Malka 


*Thanks to Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City (I told you I'm a New Yorker) for that incredible one-of-a-kind line. 


No comments:

Post a Comment