Thursday, January 5, 2017

Fashion = Style = Kindness = Happiness

What is fashion? If you look up its definition you'll find that its a noun and a verb. Fashion is not only a style of dress or manner of speaking, it's also a way of forming, shaping, or accommodating. 

The best fashion tip I could offer anyone, man, woman, or child is as Ellen Degeneres would say: "to be kind to one another." Kindness is always in style. It is also one of the most amazing secrets I have learned in order to live a meaningful, fulfilling, and happy life. 

You never really know what is going on in the lives of those around you, and sometimes something as simple as holding the door for the person behind you, or offering a helping hand can make all the difference. Dedicating your time to help those that are in need is so rewarding. When you do good, you feel good and that type of energy is contagious!

By doing an act of kindness you are making a positive impact which encourages the witnesses of your small or large act to do the same. I've learned this from a special girl who is truly the cover girl of heroism and defiance. Ruchama Sara Miryam, RSM, or Sara for short is a unique soul who has conquered so much at such a young age. When she was just 7 years-old, Sara got the flu which led to long, repeated hospital stays. At one point, Sara was in the hospital for over a year! She has gone through two organ transplants, and two lower extremity amputations and has continued to battle the adverse effects of not-so-minor ear infections. Despite all of these factors, beautiful Sara radiates the world with positivity.  Here is an excerpt from this incredible writer's "end of the year" speech that she delivered to her 8th grade class at Bnos Bais Yaakov: 

"United, accepting, and compassionate are the first three words that come to mind when I think of our grade. Most people that saw me after my hospital escapade were kind of in shock. You all just accepted me for who I was and who I became. You never changed what you thought of me on my appearance, or my capability. While I was in the hospital I read through all of the letters you sent me, they help sustain me they kept me going. Because I know that once I was better I would be able to return back to my same friends, same family, same life. One time, Miss Young brought Ariella, Shayna and Avigail to the hospital. We dressed up in weird costumes and paraded around the room like weirdos, taking pictures and just having a good time. These little things made me feel so alive and hopeful that I was going to get out of this, I was going to survive. But I never thought I would make it this far thank you for believing in me."

An inspiration and role model to us all, her story needs to be shared! That's why @EllenDegeneres @TheEllenShow needs to meet this one-of-a-kind, brave girl. Let's get RSM (Sara) to Ellen DeGeneres!
Please LIKE, SHARE, AND COMMENT with the hashtag #getRSMtoellen

We invite anyone interested to do one or all of the following:
1). Click this link to write a short letter to Ellen about RSM- http://www.ellentv.com/be-on-the-show/1151/
2). Post a picture of yourself with RSM to either facebook or instagram using #GetRSMtoEllen in your post
3). If you haven't met her and are kind enough to participate- post a picture of yourself holding a paper saying #GetRSMtoEllen
4). Take a picture of yourself doing an act of kindness and use #GetRSMtoEllen. 

(For more inspiration and to learn more about RSM please look here- We Love Sara Miryam Bat Tamar Updates)

Keep smiling,

Kimberly Malka

No comments:

Post a Comment